Saturday, April 30

Ready to Learn Song

I had to share what we have been singing when we gather at carpet. I go through several iterations of chants and songs to get them settled and ready to learn. This one seems to be a fast favorite. They looked at me like I had lost my mind the first time I started singing it...but it sure grabbed their attention! Now they sing it like pros. And the best part? They actually quiet down and get ready to learn! Can't beat that!

video
The lyrics are:
"We're sitting criss-cross applesauce
Clap, Clap, Clap
We've got our eyes on the teacher
And our hands in our laps!
We're sitting cross-cross applesauce
Clap, Clap, Clap
We've got our eyes on the teacher
And our hands on our laps!
And We're ready to learn...We're ready to learn...We're ready to learn...(whispered)

4 comments:

Ms. Jenna Forbrook said...

Hi Angela,
Can you post the lyrics to the song? I know they are super simple, but it's kind of hard to catch those cute kindergartners' words sometimes! I love the idea, and I can't wait to use it with my kinderkiddos!
Thanks!
Jenna

Angela said...

The lyrics are:
"I'm sitting criss-cross applesauce
Clap, Clap, Clap
I've got my eyes on the teacher
And my hands in my lap!
I"m sitting cross-cross applesauce
Clap, Clap, Clap
I've got my eyes on the teacher
And my hands on my lap!
And I'm ready to learn...I'm ready to learn...I'm ready to learn..."

learningmyself said...

OMG this is the cutest thing ever!!!! Love love love it
!!! Thansk for sharing! Amy :)

Stefanie said...

Is the latest no to the video gone?