Monday, May 23

Are you ready for some football?

Okay, so I cannot take credit for this idea...but I loved it for motivating the boys to apply themselves during word work time. Oceans of Fun in First Grade posted a similar idea in February which was not cooperating when I attempted to download it and print it (browser issue? pdf reader issue? either way frustrating!) So...out of "necessity" was born the following word sort. We are learning about Long O, but this could easily be adapted for other sounds. I like the football theme for -ow and -oa because of the words coach and throw. I also included an I Have Who Has game and Rainbow Write Long O words documents. :o)
Oa_ow Football Sort
Long O_e I Have Who Has
Long o Rainbow Color Words

1 comment:

Amy said...

I love your long o rainbow color pages! Thank you!