Friday, May 13

Cinderella days...a fairy tale

We spent the week talking about fairy tales...and reading ten different variations of Cinderella. The kinders loved it and got some really good practice identifying story elements. It was fun to see their reactions to so many different versions of the story. We charted each story to help us compare and contrast them. And we graphed our favorite...the hands down winner was The Bigfoot Cinderrrrrella. Next we are working on castles. We made the basic castle today. Monday I want to add fold-out features. My plan is to insert a writing bit behind the draw bridge. I'm thinking about labels with story elements that can adorn the side panels as well. Here is a snippet of what we've done so far...


On a side note...I appear to have lost a series of comments from the last few days. I'm not sure what happened. It must be a blogger glitch?? Please know that I have not deleted your comments! I appreciate them all! :o)

2 comments:

mrs.tabb said...

I love it! I'm starting fairy tales next week!

Angela said...

Thank you!!