Monday, May 30

Very Hungry Caterpillar Freebies

This week's theme will be caterpillars and butterflies. We will kick off the week reading The Very Hungry Caterpillar. Other reading for the week will include Velma Gratch and the Way Cool Butterfly and The Butterfly and the Lamb, as well as a couple of nonfiction butterfly books. We will play off of the caterpillar theme to make -y word caterpillars as well as to assess graphing, counting, subtraction, and patterning skills.  I also plan to have them make a butterfly folder similar to our ladybug one with a torn tissue paper butterfly on the cover to display our learning (this will also include a butterfly life cycle). Here is what I've put together so far... If you download these, please consider becoming a follower of my blog.



Very Hungry Caterpillar
Caterpillar Patterns
-y Word Caterpillar

3 comments:

Mrs. Coe said...

Thanks for sharing!
www.littlemisskindergarten.blogspot.com

Hadar said...

This is a great activity! Thanks! I'm already a follower :)

Hadar
Miss Kindergarten

Angela said...

Thank you both...I'm glad you liked it. I will post more soon!