Wednesday, June 15

Zoo, Bindergarten, and Two & a Half Days to go!

Today was our annual field trip to the zoo. It is always a stressful time for me prepping to go on a trip like this. This year I simplified my to do list and let it just come together. But, wouldn't you know I ended up one chaperone down (kinder with a fever). So...best laid plans had to be tweaked and retweaked last minute. I ended up with a group of kiddos (not a big deal, but I felt less "at the ready" to fix emergencies, misbehaviors for chaperones, etc.). And of course I took Mr. ADHD, Mr. OuterSpace, and Mr. Oppositional Defiant so that the chaperones could have a better day. Me? Let's just say I'm in recovery with my pretty little glass of Syrah. The good news...it's done and all had a good time...no emergencies or anything!

So our last day of school is Monday...two and a half days to go. After we got back from the zoo today, we read two Miss Bindergarten books: Miss Bindergarten Takes a Field Trip with Kindergarten and Miss Bindergarten Celebrates the Last Day of Kindergarten. The kids enjoyed both (of course). So I decided to mimic the teacher gift and award pictured at the end of the last book. I will send home a penny and a kiss (hershey's) for each graduating kinder on Monday along with a celebratory certificate.
Penny and a Kiss
3 Cheers Blank
3 Cheers For

5 comments:

Karen said...

Thanks I teach 2 1/2 day kindergartens. I can totally relate to your field trip groups! My am class was the caterpillar class and the pm was the butterfly class (Toy Story 3. Thanks for the great downloads.. I also read Miss Bindergarten. The caterpillars asked for the gift from the story! ENJOY last days!

Mrs. Coe said...

Thank you so much for sharing! Can you tell me how you posted those documents? Also, come join the giveaway!

littlemisskindergarten.blogspot.com

Angela Wageman said...

Hello Mrs. Coe! It's good to hear from you! I saw your giveaway and will definitely be joining in!

I post documents using Scribd.com. Step one is to make a Scribd account (it's free, just sign up). Step two is to upload your selected document that is saved on your computer. I usually save my documents as PDFs first and then upload them. If you use fancy fonts that's the only way to have them show up the way you want them to...word docs (etc) will revert to another default font if downloaders don't have your fancy one installed. I tried using GoogleDocs and it works, but it wouldn't show the document, just a link to it...
Step three is to click on your uploaded document in Scribd to open it. On the right side of the screen if you scroll down a little bit you sill see the option to "embed" your document. Click on "embed" and copy the code that it gives you. Step four is to paste the code in your blog post. I do this under the html tab when I am writing a post.

Let me know if you need more explanation...I'd be happy to answer any other questions!

Nermine Ayman said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nermine Ayman said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.