Sunday, July 10

Teacher's Helper

Here is my latest project! I'm very excited (I know it seems pretty simple...but, sometimes simple things are the best of all.) Teaching kindergarten I like to have things on hand...you know the things I'm talking about: stickers, skittles, post-it notes, yellow highlighter, whiteboard marker, etc. When I need it, I don't want to hunt it down...or have to cross the room to get it. Last year I used a fanny pack to keep these things in, but it felt bulky and cluttered. My solution...the teacher helper apron! I sewed this last night and have so many ideas for other design combinations. What do you think? When it's finished, it will have the pockets divided (I'm thinking 6-8 pockets...no more losing the marker sideways or digging through the mess to find the stickers!)

I feel a little Etsy action coming on! Please let me know what you think! :o) Angela

15 comments:

Mrs. Coe said...

I am sooooooooooooo in live with that!
littlemisskindergarten.blogspot.com

Mrs. Coe said...

OOOPS! LOVE is the word!

beagle2love said...

blogger newbie here...what is etsy?
Cathy

S. Parker said...

Very cute! I love the combination of colors. Let me know when your shop opens. I love giving aprons as gifts.

Mrs. Bee said...

SO cute!!! and Yes for the Esty, I'd get one!!! :)

Mrs. Bee
Bee's KinderGarden

Pam Everitt said...

super cute!!!

Angela Wageman said...

Awesome! Thank you for the positive feedback! I will definitely be working on more of these and letting you all know when the "shop" is open for business! Gotta wile away the summer hours somehow! To beagle2love...etsy is an online store for crafter's. Okay all, I'm in Portland now picking up my crazy cycler husband. Til later....:o)

Ms. Lopez said...

Very cute!! I love AND use pocket aprons for the very reasons you mentioned plus they're great too to hold stuff you've confiscated from the kids. :-)

SDNana said...

I would absolutely love one of these! I am constantly looking for things when I am teaching small groups! I even thought about getting a carpenter's apron but yours is so much cuter! Please email when you are ready to sell some!
lparce@hotmail.com
elizabeth.parce@k12.sd.us

Jessica said...

I LOVE this idea! Did you use a sewing pattern? If so, can you share what one? I would love to make one for myself! =)

Tanya Solano said...

Love, love, LOVE it! I too know the felling of needing it and not having it RIGHT there! I look forward to seeing your creations!

✿Tanya
Ms. Solano's Kindergarten

Angela Wageman said...

Thank you all again. I am getting my act together. Cute fabrics...check! Etsy account set up...check! Sewing machine ready to run...check! I will post more pics soon as well as an Etsy link. I really appreciate your feedback!

SDNana, I will be happy to email you directly as well! :o)

mrs. tabb said...

cuuuuuuuuuuute, I would buy this off etsy!!!!
mrs tabb
First Grade Awesomeness

allisong said...

This is soooooooooo cute and very practical at the same time!

Can't wait to see your Etsy shop!

Allison
awholebrainteacher.blogspot.com

Angela Wageman said...

Thank you Mrs. Tabb and Allison! The shop will be open soon! I'm posting some things later today and will put some pics up on the blog here to let you all know! I really appreciate everyone's feedack!! :o)