Thursday, August 4

Happy Place x two

I spent the afternoon making more mess in the midst of my mess...in the vain hope that I could get some portion of it organized. Did I mention that every cabinet/drawer/shelf is already full of stuff? I pulled it all out and started my toss pile and keep pile. Believe it or not I found listening center books...nope not MP3...not CD...not even cassette...they were the old 33 rpm LPs...a whole box of them! I posted a picture so you can reminisce with me! I tossed boxes of old 1970's activities. I felt bad (bygone era of teaching and all), but I've got to be brutal to get this organizational step complete.

The office/storage area (my half at least) is now empty and awaiting neatly contained, labeled, pretty little boxes of current teaching supplies. I could not get it all put away today. But, I also could not leave without feeling like I had accomplished something other than enlarging my mess. So...I "finished" up my desk area and carpet area. The bookcase bordering the carpet still needs to have the books organized in their bins, but at least they are out of the cardboard boxes! All in all it is getting there...I stood at my door and smiled before I left. As I like to say, "Smell the flowers. Blow out the candles. Repeat. It will all come together." So true.

Here are pics of my desk and carpet area...happy place x two!
I think I want to recover the chair.

The bulletin board behind will become my CAFE board.

The posters were left behind...stay tuned for changes...
Until tomorrow!
:o) Angela

5 comments:

Tara said...

Wow!!! Looks awesome...so neat and organized:) I'm so OCD about organization! Love it:)

4th Grade Frolics

Busy Bees said...

Your room looks great!! It does look very organized. Just found your blog and became your newest follower!!
BusyBees

Angela Wageman said...

Thanks for following...I'm so glad to have you here! The organization is getting there...notice how I cropped the photos to keep out the mess! :o)

Kristin said...

I just wanted to pop over and say thanks for entering my giveaway last week! I'm your newest follower. Your classroom looks FANTASTIC!
Kristin
A Teeny Tiny Teacher

Angela Wageman said...

Thanks Kristin! I appreciate it!