Tuesday, August 2

Mountain Climbing?

I took my first brave step into my new classroom. Oh my heavens what a mess. I knew it would be...it always is, right? But, usually it is just my own things. Moving into a retired teacher's room means the mountain of things contains your stuff and so much more! Wowzers. This is what I walked into...



 I couldn't see over the mountain much less take pictures of walls to use to make my set-up plan later. So, we spent the day moving piles and shortening the mountain. See the mountain climber in the middle? He was big help and kept me entertained at the same time! Now it is easier to see what space I have...and do I ever have space...this room is 33' by 35'! Next step...figure out where the big stuff goes and then I can sort through the junk and put it all away. I'm thinking it's a very good thing that I have a whole month to do this!


As it turns out, most of the shelves, cupboards, and drawers are already full of stuff. This will be a process. A lot of it will be useful (some not-so-much), but check out this beauty...can't wait to gussy it up!  
After pictures to come...in the meantime keep the giveaway entries coming!
:o)  Angela

4 comments:

We Teach Like A Rockstar said...

WOW! Now that is a lot of stuff! If only we could it in our day to USE all that fun stuff. Your room is so big. Have fun setting it up! All my furniture is in its place in the classroom, and I just need to put up my bullentin boards. I am doing a camping theme this year. When do you start school?

Angela Wageman said...

It is way too much stuff! I am feeling quite overwhelmed. But, we made progress and I have all month. Required days start August 29th, but the kids don't come until September 7th. So, I will take my time and sort through it really well. Wish me luck!

gail said...

OMG! The same thing happened to me. I moved into a retiring teacher's room as well and the task was overwhelming. You are amazing! It took me two weeks to just go through the materials and get rid of what I didn't want or need. If I weren't excited about moving into a larger space from 28 x 28, I would have stayed in my old room. The cleaning chore was massive as the other teacher had collected stuff for over 30 years and you know how things get pushed back in cupboards and closets. Have a wonderful year. I've added you to my RSS.

Angela Wageman said...

Thank you Gail! I'm glad to hear someone else has attacked the clutter and survived the battle! Thanks for the chin up! I'm unloading cupboards today...