Sunday, January 22

Our week...Take 2...with dragons

Click for printable
Last week was a wash. No fault of the kids. No fault of mine. Blame the weather. Five inches of snow and three snow days later (no--I'm not kidding--five inches of snow stops this area in its tracks)...we will start our week over. But..with a little Chinese New Year flair added in!

Monday is the first day of the Chinese New Year. I have scavenged the web for activities and think the kids will love spending time learning about the traditions as well as making lanterns and dragon puppets. In the process I stumbled on some other awesome ideas that I will be working on adding to our classroom too! I am loving these sight word jewels...now that the snow is gone and I can get out of my driveway and to the store I have just the project to work on during the football games this afternoon! Check out this link to Fairy Dust Teaching for directions.
I will post pictures when I finish mine...and snap shots of the kinders working on their Chinese New Year projects.

I can't wait to have colorful lanterns hanging around the room! Gung hay fat choy!

Should I be concerned that there is snow mixing in the with rain outside my window right now? Good grief...

3 comments:

Kim said...

Love the ideas! I'm your newest follower! Thanks for sharing!

Kim
Growing Up Teaching

Sarah said...

Hi! I joined your sight last night but didn't have time to leave a comment. Cute blog! Come check mine out for some math ideas and centers :)
~Sarah
funintitlemath.blogspot.com

Angela W. said...

Thank you to both of you! I'm glad to have you following! ~Angela