Tuesday, August 14

D5 Check-In Solution

Okay, so I have a projector in my room for the first time…ever.  I am thrilled beyond all measure.  I mean…we are talking “goosies” here!  Anyhow, I have been wanting a visual/digital/interactive Daily 5 check-in system forever.  I made an electronic version of my very standard clipboard check-in last year that had “clickable” boxes for each choice.  Of course, no projector last year meant I had to print it out and use my clipboard and vis-a-vis again.  This year I wanted to make it happen though.  While I have a projector finally, I do not have an interactive board.  So I puzzled over how to make my dream check-in chart a reality. After some fooling around with PowerPoint, I have my solution.  Here is what it looks like...

I have programmed it with the choices that I use in my class.  All it needs is pictures of my cherubs once they arrive.  My plan is to save the file with their pics in place at the bottom. Then during choices, all I have to do is drag and drop each little angel-face to the right activity.  I made a separate slide for each D5 round.  So each round I will simply switch slides and their pictures will be at the bottom ready for me.  As long as I do not save over my template when I close, then everything will revert back to its original placement.

What do you think?  I’m off to go do my happy dance now!
=)

10 comments:

Mrs. Parker said...

Genius! I love the simple template. Will you project it during each round or is it simply for you to view?

Angela W. said...

Oh I am totally projecting it…while they make their choices at least. I probably can’t keep it on the whole time. But, they can at least see that certain activities are full and we can flip back to see that they already did a particular choice…etc.

Greg said...

Wow! Love this!!!

Greg
Smedley's Smorgasboard of Kindergarten

Shelly said...

Very cute! Would you be willing to share your template?

Shelly
projectqn@tx.rr.com

Angela W. said...

Shelly,
I would be happy to share…but I would need to remove the Scrappin Doodles images first since the file is not a PDF and I have not purchased one of their licenses. But, you could add your own graphics…or leave it simple. I used the font “Cheri” which you would want to download unless you have another favorite. I will email you.

Gina said...

I would LOVE a copy of your tempate...would you share??
Gina

Gina said...

I would LOVE a copy of your tempate...would you share??
Gina

burnettg@eht.k12.nj.us

Angela W. said...

Absolutely Gina,
I posted a downloadable version on Saturday. The link to that post is http://justloveteaching.blogspot.com/2012/08/d5-powerpoint-check-in-freebie.html

Enjoy!

Angela W. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Suzanne Awtrey said...

Thank you so much for sharing! This will make my life with my kinders much easier this year. Hopefully, you'll get a smartboard soon. Thanks again for your generosity!