Thursday, August 2

Pinterest Panache

I finally completed my first Pinterest project!  I am a hoarder of ideas…and not so good at finding making time to accomplish any of them.  But yesterday friends I was determined.  Check out what I did…I’m sure you’ve seen it pinned before.  You know the one…start with some of these (four dozen to be exact)...


Then you find an empty can.  I was lucky enough to have saved one that was just the right size.


Then dig out your trusty glue gun…this one has seen better days, but it did the trick.


Scrounge through your sewing scraps for some ribbon…I know you have some somewhere.  If not, pick up a yard at the craft store.  Turns out I had plenty of leftovers from sewing aprons last summer.


Then get to work applying a line of hot glue along one edge of each pencil and stick to the can with the eraser end facing to the top opening.


This takes patience…but you also have to work quickly lining up each pencil before the glue cools.  


Be careful to line the bottoms up as straight as you can so it looks nice.  My can had a handy little rolled lip that made this a lot easier to do.


Then…if you are lucky…your last pencil will just fit without leaving much of a gap.  So far so good.


Tie on the ribbon to add just a little panache.  I like the stitching detail...


Finally, for a beautiful display…head outside to cut your prettiest flowers…and insert.  Breathtaking!


I did place a plastic cup inside the can to hold the water…just to be practical.  I love how it turned out!  What do you think?  It will add just the thing to my desk at school.

Next up…that scissor tree.  Remember that one?  Wish me luck!
=)

7 comments:

Mrs. D said...

Love it! :) Too cute!

Jennifer Jackson said...

Awesome!!

Brigid said...

Too cute! If you have time stop by my blog and join my "Classroom Tours Linky Party"! I would love to see your classroom!! If you aren't ready just quite yet, share a before pic and then go back and share an after pic! :)

Brigid

Brigid's Daily Lesson Log

Angela W. said...

Thank you all!
Bridgid, I will definitely hook up…I plan on making my first trip into the classroom on Monday!

Perrine Curry said...

I just found your blog through Tara's linky. I'm a new follower. I love how your project came out!
Modern Kindergarten

Angela W. said...

Welcome Perrine! Thanks for following!

Nichole Falkowski said...

Wow! That is so cute! Love it!

Nichole
Craft of Teaching